Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Speading the Web 2.0 Message in NYC w/ Free to Choose Media

This past weekend I was given the opportunity to spend a few days in the Big Apple with the Free to Choose Network at their Winning Ideas Weekend. Having been selected as the Izzit.org Teachers of the Year, Free to Choose picked up the tab for me, my wife, and one of my students for the trip.
I was given 3-5 minutes to speak about how I use the Izzit films with my classes (this was the basis of my award). I was glad to take the opportunity to explain how we moved beyond the standard classroom discussion of the topics, and into the realm of blogs and wikis. I was immediately approached by a few of the other winners about using these tools with their own classes. One teacher at a time is sometimes what it takes.




Click image below for complete Picasa album:
Izzit Teacher of the Year Awards Banquet - NYC

No comments: