Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Revisiting Audioboo: Podcasting made incredibly simple

I received an email from a colleague a few days ago asking for advice on a podcasting app that she can use with her students.  I immediately suggested that she check out Audioboo, even though it had been a couple of years since I last used it myself.

Audioboo offers one click audio recording, with a simple publishing process. With the free account, students can record up to 10 minutes per post.  What Audioboo lacks in extensive editing tools, it makes up for with a very simple cropping tool. Its simplicity makes it the perfect podcasting application for use with students. Though I discovered Audioboo through its iPhone app, there is also a user-friendly website interface as well as an Andriod app (currently in beta).

Check out the Audioboo in Education page for ideas and examples for using podcasting with your students. School news, expert interviews, peer assessments, biography projects; the possibilities seem limitless.
I was also excited to learn that Audioboo is now available in the Edmodo app store, offering unlimited use for just $4.99.


No comments: